Cher

Default Sanyo cordless phone CLT-2430: Talk button problems

nice idea, bad impementation - these buttons.

Just took apart a remote with same problem for the third time.
cleaned the PC bd with MEK. works fine again.
May be a case where the rubber pad actually deposits a coating on the
bd.

I have had two VTEC phones were the the power (talk) button stopped
working - this was a case where the contact between the contact
plastic sheet and the PCB went bad. Another bad implementation
(planned obsolecence). The plastic sheet is a flex crt for the button
contacts. This can't be fixed since the coating on the plastic is VERY
fragile and will come off if you look at it. Temporarily, I got it to
work by rubbing the top of the sheet above the contact area to make
contact - didn't last long.

I just bought a GE 900Mhz w/caller ID phone at WalMart for $20.
The battery for my Seimens was $13. so I got the whole thing.

On 27 Sep 2003 17:52:07 -0700, (Sylvain
Gregoire) wrote:

Hello,

Anyone has seen this problem before ?

We have a Sanyo cordless phone model CLT-2430 (2.4G).
Expensive gift from my wife, a couple of years ago
(over $300 cdn)

The problem is that the Talk/End button does not work,
or we need to press excessively hard to get it to work,
have been missing a few calls this way because the darn
thing won't answer (or we are unable to hang-up!).
Quite annoying indeed, especially for a phone of that
price range !

I opened the unit and cleaned the pads, but the problem
still exists. Just with that button, all the others are OK.

Is there supposed to be a black coating on the two tips
of the rubber button inside (touching the PC board contact
area when pressed?). I noticed that this button is ~ white
while most other buttons (that work well) have a black tip
inside...

Any suggestions (coating needed and what, ordering a
new button from Sanyo, or... ?)

Many Thanks,

Sylvain in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada