Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default Why won't ship screwdrivers to a home,

On 10/6/2015 11:56 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 10/6/2015 2:08 PM, Don Y wrote:

I religiously pay my "use tax" (for my business). No desire for it
to turn up in an audit and have to deal with the potential mess
that could ensue.

OTOH, those OTHER wonderful taxpayers are subsidizing my purchases
to the tune of 50% so it's the LEAST I can do! :

They will send a guy that looks like Mr Magoo to audit you. They hit us once
and we had to pay up. We got nailed for $2.30 for some books bought on line.

I make very *large* purchases. The taxes on a $20K purchase make it
worthwhile to come snooping.

If I'm *declaring* the purchases (in order to write them off), then
it's relatively easy to see if I'm also paying the taxes on them.

Or not.

Besides, it's The Law. I also stop at stop signs in the wee hours of
the morning even when there are no other vehicles in sight... :-/
It's not worth lobbying for a change in the law: "STOP but only if
there are folks that MIGHT be impacted by your failure to stop..."

"Handicapped parking, no parking -- unless you can see lots of
other UNUSED handicapped spots available and think it unlikely that
they will fill up while you are in the store doing your business"

It's just way too easy (slippery slope) to "rationalize" all sorts
of behaviors that you *think* should be acceptable. Then, how
do you accommodate others who have a DIFFERENT notion of what should
be acceptable??