Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Some people.

Dave Plowman (News) wrote
News wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Dave Plowman (News) wrote

And large screen rear projection sets were common enough at one time.

But plenty never were aware of those.

OK, I'll confess. When Dave first posted, I had no idea
what a rear projection TV was. Having said that, if I saw
something like that on Freecycle, I would Google first.

Well quite. Even more so if you're buying it. But obviously
some didn't even read the description and ponder.

Hardly surprising with that level of buyer who
doesn’t understand most of the technical terms
used and just have to carry on regardless anyway.

Especially since I mentioned it doesn't
have the modern HDMI and USB ports.

She may not even understand what they are either.

And also the price would give a clue to someone
with half a brain cell it wasn't a modern slim TV.

Even sillier than you usually manage.

Corse someone with even half a clue would
have included a photo from the side so it
was obvious it wasn’t a modern slim TV.

Especially to those looking for such a thing
on Ebay. A working LCD or plasma of that
size would go for many times the price.

Plenty don’t even bother to have a proper
look at what prices the sort of thing that they
are considering buying do normally go for.