Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Some people.

Dave Plowman (News) wrote
News wrote

Well I think they shouldn't be bidding if they don't know
what they are bidding on. But I guess that's a lot to expect.

A huge problem for eBay sellers. Buyers buy what they think
they see, not what they actually see, and then complain. Put
details in the description using text six inches high, and the
average eBay buyer will still not read it.

I've used Ebay quite a bit since it started.
Mainly buying, but selling too.

But have know real knowledge about what the
buyers of stuff like TVs know about TV technology.

In general, most know exactly what they're buying.

Not with something like TVs, **** all do. The most
they might manage is whether it needs an external
set top box or not and whether its an older CRT TV
and that last is really just based on how thick it is.

I did look at rear projection TVs on Ebay before
offering this one - and there does seem to be a
market for them. If not, I'd have freeCycled it.

Irrelevant to whether just stating it’s a rear projection
TV is enough to avoid people like the one that did
agree to buy it thinking it was what they wanted to buy.

The only thing I'd not buy or sell on Ebay is a car.

More fool you. Mate of mine has just got
one hell of a bargain with a very high end
Hyundai which wouldn’t even start due to
a trivially easy to replace sensor failure.

That seems full of villains on both sides.

Easy enough to ensure that you aren't dealing with one of those.