Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default Why won't ship screwdrivers to a home,

On 10/6/2015 8:53 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
If they have no physical presence, they will not collect the tax. If, however,
your state has a sales tax, they also have a "use tax" for out of state
purchases. You can contact them to get the forms to pay the tax. You'll also
feel good knowing you contributed your fair share to the government coffers.

I religiously pay my "use tax" (for my business). No desire for it
to turn up in an audit and have to deal with the potential mess
that could ensue.

OTOH, those OTHER wonderful taxpayers are subsidizing my purchases
to the tune of 50% so it's the LEAST I can do! :