Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default The USA finally takes to roundabouts.

On 2015-10-06, Moe DeLoughan wrote:

The joke here in Minnesota: What do you get when you have four drivers
at a four-way? Answer: A picnic. That's 'cause we'll spend an
eternity trying to out-polite the others:

"After you."
"No, after you."
"Oh, no, really. I'm in no hurry. You go first."
"But I'm afraid of looking rude. You first."
"Are you sure? Really, you first."
"Actually, I think that guy gets to go first."

And on and on and on and on...cheesus, I could scream. Just GO already.

LOL!.....

Reminds me of an episode of Portlandia (S1:E9?). The two ppl come to
a stop and start that very same "you go" silliness. It runs on
endlessly, even past the point where an ancient Yugo automobile slips
through the same intersection while the original two are still
out-politing each other.

You go.
No. You go.
No. You go......

I've experienced the same thing, here, in the rural CO Rockies. As a
CA native, it drives me crazy when a local gets to an intersection
before I do, then starts with those "you go" hand signals. Arrghh!!
Still, it's better than being center-punched by a stop sign/light
runner.

nb

I recall a story about a set of very polite twins that weren't born until
they were in their mid-twenties.