Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default The USA finally takes to roundabouts.

On 10/6/2015 9:12 AM, Moe DeLoughan wrote:

The joke here in Minnesota: What do you get when you have four drivers at a
four-way? Answer: A picnic. That's 'cause we'll spend an eternity trying to
out-polite the others:

"After you."
"No, after you."
"Oh, no, really. I'm in no hurry. You go first."
"But I'm afraid of looking rude. You first."
"Are you sure? Really, you first."
"Actually, I think that guy gets to go first."

And on and on and on and on...cheesus, I could scream. Just GO already.

Ha! Entirely different experience for me (East coast). There, the
trick was to master the art of "not noticing" the other guy! If
you made eye contact, he *knew* you saw him and, as such, immediately
assumed the upper hand! :

Roundabouts are FAR better than four-ways. Luckily, Minnesota is rapidly
expanding their use. They make a hell of a lot more sense and most of the time,
they shorten wait times. Of course, you still have the idiots who insist on
treating them like four-ways, stopping at every exit while they're within the
roundabout.