Posted to alt.home.repair
notbob notbob is offline

Default The USA finally takes to roundabouts.

On 2015-10-06, wrote:

They put in some of them not far from my home. I absolutely hate them.
I'll drive a couple miles further or drive thru alleys just to avoid the
damn things. I think they are completely assinine. About 20 families
lost their homes and a dozen businesses were shoved out, so that the
city could rip down all those buildings to build a TRIPLE roundabout. It
used to be a simple stop light, where it took a minute sitting at the
light. Now it takes 5 minutes to manuver around that goddamn thing, and
uses 3 times as much gas. The city spent millions of dollars to build
that moronic thing so they could save a couple hundred dollars of
electricity to power the stop light.

I have not found one person in that city that wanted it before they
built it, and not one person that likes it now. But their idiot
politicians built it anyway!

Yep!

I've driven in CA all my life and have never seen a roundabout
.....until about 10 yrs ago. Whatta nightmare! I saw a 3 lane
roundabout in Boston about 35 yrs ago and it was a complete
clusterf*ck. Now, they are experimenting with them out West and I see
zero advantage.

nb