Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Why won't ship screwdrivers to a home,

On 10/6/2015 3:57 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:

If I had an online business, I would protest any tax levied on my products by a state in which me or my business wasn't located. The reason being that the state isn't providing any services to me and my business. O_o

[8~{} Uncle Tax Monster

You have no say. They are not taxing you. What are you protesting that
costs you zero? The obligation is between the state and your customer.

Amazon and others have refused to collect the tax for a long time but
have finally relented in some cases. They wanted to build a warehouse
in CT so they agreed to collect the tax but probably got a lot of
benefits in return as they build the new locations.