Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Why won't ship screwdrivers to a home,

On 10/6/2015 3:26 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:

I reside in Alabamastan and the closest Amazon fulfillment center is in Georgia. I've never been charged sales tax on any Amazon purchase. I suppose it depends on your state having a law that requires sales tax on online purchases from across state lines. There is no such law here in Alabamastan because we eliminated over a century of Democrat control of the state legislature. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Tax Monster

If they have no physical presence, they will not collect the tax. If,
however, your state has a sales tax, they also have a "use tax" for out
of state purchases. You can contact them to get the forms to pay the
tax. You'll also feel good knowing you contributed your fair share to
the government coffers.