Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scion[_2_] Scion[_2_] is offline

Default Some people.

Dave Plowman (News) put finger to keyboard:

In article ,
Adrian wrote:
On Mon, 05 Oct 2015 14:25:34 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

This one?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181876897371

Yes.

TBH, I'm very unsurprised. You could have made it a LOT clearer in
the description and photos. Not everybody's familiar with "rear
projection" as a concept, and "DLP" is even more opaque.

Then it's easy enough to ask the buyer a question if it's not clear
to you what you're bidding on. Especially if you wanted an LCD or
plasma specifically.

I think you're missing my point... There's a big flat-looking TV, with
something that you don't really understand. It's a cheap big flat TV,
right?

With a very large base showing - unlike any LCD TV. And the same could
near enough apply to some widescreen CRT sets or indeed any TV which was
basically just a screen.

When you re-list it, take a side-on photo, and describe what it is - in
layman's language - and isn't.

Might take a side on pic, but love to know how you'd describe it. To
anyone with a grain of sense rear projector says exactly what it is.
Perhaps I should say it's a great ugly lump of a thing. Just what's
needed to get people interested. ;-)

Front and side photos, "NOT LCD/PLASMA" in large letters, "floor standing
in large cabinet" with dimensions in feet. You'll then sell it to someone
who actually wants a rear-projection TV.