Posted to uk.rec.driving,alt.home.repair,alt.messianic
Art Todesco Art Todesco is offline

Default The USA finally takes to roundabouts.

On 10/6/2015 12:25 AM, Tony Hwang wrote:
NEMO wrote:
On Thu, 1 Oct 2015 05:45:28 -0700, Colon Edmund Burke of Ladyboise,
Idaho wrote:

On 10/1/2015 1:19 AM, Ian Jackson wrote:
The USA finally takes to roundabouts.
http://nyti.ms/1N3v0tI

When I was visiting some friends in Sandy Eggo, they took me down to
Tijuana where they have these traffic circles. It was a fun time to sit
and watch the cars on the merry-go-round. ;-)

You need roundabouts like the Magic Rpundabout in Hemel Hemptsead!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVeAhmvNFIU

We have one on the other side of freeway. another subdivision. When I go
there, i notice people living in the surrounding neighborhood don't even
know how to use it.

They, or it, works really fine here in western NC, except ... we have
many drivers that drive the way they did when all the roads here were
cow paths. I have seen people come to a complete stop before entering
even though there are yield signs at every road. They also creep
through a 2 MPH. That all said, as I said in the beginning, it does
work well. It is a pretty busy area as there is a big Super WM and
another small strip mall.