Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default New toy

On Mon, 5 Oct 2015 17:11:18 -0400, Meanie
wrote:

On 10/5/2015 9:54 AM, KenK wrote:
Saw a new - to me - gadget in a newly arrived catalog. "Lazer Bond Rapid
Repair Welder". Supposed to work with most materials. Put a dab of resin on
the joint to be glued, then zap it for three seconds with the included UV
battery-operated laser. $10. Doesn't say how much resin is included or if
resin refills are available.

Better than the fast glues?

Anyone tried this new toy?

TIA

Yep, saw it and want to try it.

It was invented by a dentist.

What interest me is that you can move, adjust parts and adjust things
before you activate the resin. Not like a glue that has a set time
(super glue). Or hot glue.

Ken, have you tried the "toy" yet? Post results, please.

I have my doubts about it fixing a broken fishing line, though