Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Another bad day for Uncle Monster

On Monday, October 5, 2015 at 9:09:39 AM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:
On Monday, October 5, 2015 at 9:52:31 AM UTC-4, Uncle Monster wrote:

I appreciate the concern but I've had visits from ministers in the hospital who minister churches I've helped out. I don't share their faith, I helped them because they're nice people who give what little they have to help others. Those mega churches are the only ones I never help because the folks there are a bit too snooty for me. Thanks for your concern but I don't seek out religious support and I'm never disrespectful to them if they visit. A local church group came through a while back with a little bag of goodies for everyone. It wasn't much but it was greatly appreciated. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Goodies Monster

Hope you have a speedy recovery. I guess having the internet available
is a big plus these days in that situation. Not only for entertainment,
but also you can do some research if you have any treatment related
questions.

Thanks for the good wishes. Chromie, my cute little 3 lb Chromebook is easy for me to handle with my fracked up shoulders. I would go completely bonkers if I didn't have a way to get on The Internet to lookup WTF medication the nursing staff is giving me. I Email my friends and enemas, pay my bills, do online banking, I renewed my drivers license, watch TV/movies and fool around on Usenet. I'd recommend one of these 11.6 inch 3 lb Chromebooks to anyone who's going into a hospital or nursing home. I have the small laptop bag that fits this little Chromebook and it has several zipper compartments room for my wallet, keys, eyeglasses, cellphone, chargers, mouse, earphones, other accessories and some paperwork. I grab the bag when I must leave the house for the hospital because it contains everything I need to function. I bought the refurbished Chromebook from "woot.com" and the laptop bag from Amazon. Everything including both wired and Bluetooth headphones, wired and cordless mouse, USB light and 32Gb micro SD memory card with adapters for SD and USB, cost under $200. I think it's a real bargain for the quality of life improvement it provides. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Bonkers Monster