Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Some people.

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article o.uk,
Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sat, 03 Oct 2015 15:01:41 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Had a Sagem DLP rear projection TV lying around which I wanted shot of.
Thought I'd try it on Ebay - collection only.

But what did rather surprise me was someone thinking they could buy a
working 45" widescreen TV for 50 quid?

Why not? Brand new, Full HD, 40" LCD sets can be had for around £250.

Yes they can. But that's not under 50 quid. If it had been faulty, perhaps
50 quid would have been OK. Would you expect to pick up a working 45" LCD
for 50 quid?

The average "person on the street" won't have a clue what rear
projection or DLP means.

Most on Freecycle seem to know the difference between a CRT set and LCD -
so I'd assumed those paying real money for something would know what
they're bidding on?

Stupid assumption. Plenty don't even know
the difference between LCD and plasma TVs.

And large screen rear projection sets were common enough at one time.

But plenty never were aware of those. You should have at least included a
photo of it from the side so it was obvious it wasn't a modern thin flat TV.