Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default Cheap alternative to Duracell AA batteries

On Mon, 5 Oct 2015 14:25:58 +0100, Bertie Doe wrote:

"Mike Tomlinson" wrote in message ...

En el artículo , Bertie Doe
escribió:

1. They are slightly overlong (maybe half mm) and require a lot of force
close the snap-shut cap.

I think this is deliberate, it's to stop you using rechargeables in
appliances designed for standard high-drain AAs. If you have to force
anything, it's a hint that there's something not right.

You may be correct, I've got two disposable and two 7day rechargeables (now
dead) that need to be re-cycled. I've also got two Energizers. The latter is
fully discharged, so therefore safe to use with micrometer.

'Performance' disposable (99p Shop) = 50.00mm
'Energizer' re-chargeable = 50.10mm
7Day Shop re-chargeable = 50.30mm

As you say, the rechargeables do seem a touch longer. Let's hope the newly
ordered 'Eneloop' are closer to 50.10 and won't strain cap on the Braun.

Well, my pre-Panasonic Eneloops go in OK. I do have some Aldidl Tronics and
they're OK also.
The 7D AAAs are a tad longer than the Eneloops but are still OK in torches
but a bit snug in push-on/off lights.
I use clingfilm wrapped over both ends of a cell to measure it with vernier
calipers. If necessary, the double thickness of plastic can be deducted.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away