Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Common bandsaw blade that cuts tool steel?

On Sunday, October 4, 2015 at 9:10:14 PM UTC-4, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:

The band might stay "cool enough", but arc erosion would be exactly the
same on the blade as it was on the material being cut (+-).
Well, maybe if your bandsaw can run at a couple-hundred feet per second!

Lloyd

I would expect the erosion to be equal if the voltage was AC. But not so sure about DC. If I recall correctly when doing edm , the erosion of the tool is less than the erosion of the work.

Dan