Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob_Villa Bob_Villa is offline

Default New toy

On Monday, October 5, 2015 at 8:54:27 AM UTC-5, KenK wrote:
Saw a new - to me - gadget in a newly arrived catalog. "Lazer Bond Rapid
Repair Welder". Supposed to work with most materials. Put a dab of resin on
the joint to be glued, then zap it for three seconds with the included UV
battery-operated laser. $10. Doesn't say how much resin is included or if
resin refills are available.

Better than the fast glues?

Anyone tried this new toy?

TIA

They use the word "lazer" because it isn't a laser...just high-intensity UV like your dentist might use. I'm not saying it doesn't work...but pointing out the hype.