Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bertie Doe Bertie Doe is offline

Default Cheap alternative to Duracell AA batteries

"Bertie Doe" wrote in message ...
You may be correct, I've got two disposable and two 7day rechargeables (now
dead) that need to be re-cycled. I've also got two Energizers. The latter
is fully discharged, so therefore safe to use with micrometer.

'Performance' disposable (99p Shop) = 50.00mm
'Energizer' re-chargeable = 50.10mm
7Day Shop re-chargeable = 50.30mm

As you say, the rechargeables do seem a touch longer. Let's hope the newly
ordered 'Eneloop' are closer to 50.10 and won't strain cap on the Braun.

Further Googling also suggests that it's also the thickness that presents a
problem :-
http://www.talkbass.com/threads/warn...sized.1129918/

A quick measure shows the following diameters :-

Performance disposables 13.45mm
7Day AND Energizer rechargeables = 14.25mm

There follows one glimmer of hope in bcCopenhagens quote, that Eneloops
conform closer to disposable AAs. Lets hope they mean length and thickness
:-)
http://jwsoundgroup.net/index.php?/t...e-aas-too-big/