Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mike Spencer Mike Spencer is offline

Default OT Impact wrench design

Ed Huntress writes:

OOohh...you have an Acadia? You mean one of the old make-and-break
engines? That must be fun.

Yeah, it is! It's a 10 HP. They were made in Bridgewater, about 13
miles from me and I was in the plant in the early 70s when they were
still making them. They had a contract from the government to make
them for government wharves -- wharves built in many small fishing
villages, owned and maintained by the feds for the local fishing
fleets. Those 10HP Acadias came equipped with a sprocket and a
chain-driven winch to haul boats out on a skidway. That ended in the
70s and many of the engines were vandalized or stolen.

Mine is the same size but isn't one of those. It's equipped with a
flat-belt pulley. Shortly before the plant was closed, the manager
gave me a photocopy of the "manual" for my engine. I've put it on
line:

http://home.tallships.ca/mspencer/acadia/index.html

--
Mike Spencer Nova Scotia, Canada