Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Another bad day for RINOs

"Dean Hoffman" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 04 Oct 2015 00:41:27 -0500, Robert Green
wrote:

Essentially it means critiquing someone for not have solid policy
positions
at the moment is rather pointless. Not too many care outside of the
politically aware - and that segment of society seems to get smaller

each
year. I am astounded by the number of people who can't name more than
two
Republican candidates, etc. They just don't care. Trump's got to reach
those people and turn them into voters and if he can do that, both the
R's
and D's have worries.

But that could be a very hard slog.

I think a fair number figure it's beyond their control. My home
state
has maybe a million and a half people with a late primary. Nebraska with
its
five electoral votes will go to the Republican nominee. Candidates don't
waste
their time here.
I could write a check to whoever. That would be about it. What can
someone
with a large family and a mountain of bills do?
There's an article in the Washington Times by Robert Merry. He claims
the winnowing process has changed. Not a single vote has been cast but
the process has begun. He says the cable companies plus the pollsters
are running the show.

Which is a plausible reason for Donald's traction so far. He's swimming in
a pond he knows better than the other candidates. Success in that pond is
measured by Nielsen ratings so he's really got an advantage from his TV
experience.

What's fascinating to me is how much things have changed with the changing
campaign finance laws. Now the Republican Party chairman has very
diminished influence over who reaches the nomination. Or what happens in
the circus leading up to the nomination. Thinking about Celebrity
Apprentice it's easy to see that Trump was destined to be the ringleader of
that circus.

latest national telephone survey shows that 58% of Likely Republican
Voters think Trump is likely to end up as their party's nominee for
president in 2016.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...6/trump_change

--
Bobby G.