Colin Blackburn

Default homemade pinboard II, galvanised metal sheet

On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 00:19:19 -0000, Suz
wrote:

Hi all
A few weeks ago I asked advice here on making a pinboard for the little
darling's artwork. I got some very good ideas, everything from wood to
wine
corks. I liked someones suggestion of metal and magnets. They suggested
the side of a fridge but I've had no luck with that. I was hoping to
get a
new shiny metal sheet, but don't know where to start.
I remember my dad making cow feeder from galvanised sheets that were
tough
but could still be bent/hammered into shape. I fancy the galvanised
look as
it has the sort of frosty pattern.
Any ideas where to start looking? I need about 3 foot by 5 foot.

There's a company called metalsupermakets (it's a US franchise I think)
they have several branches around the country:
http://www.metalsupermarkets.com/ has a locater page. They claim to do any
amount.

If you want a magnetic board in stainless or crude steel then Manufactum
have some at a price:

http://www.manufactum.co.uk/

then stick magnetic board into the SEARCH box.

Colin