Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bertie Doe Bertie Doe is offline

Default Cheap alternative to Duracell AA batteries

"PeterC" wrote in message ...

On Sat, 3 Oct 2015 11:46:59 +0100, Bertie Doe wrote:
Q. Can anyone suggest an alterative disposable brand please - of
reasonably
good quality. TIA.

I've that Braun and the Eneloop 2.45Ah cells last about 5 weeks at 2.5 - 3
mins./clean.
The Poundland Kodak Pro are quite good; possibly Ikea's AAs at (last time I
bought some) £1.50/10 are about the best value - not quite up to the best
performer but much cheaper.

Not sure how accurate is the (above) disposable batteryshowdown.com
comparison. Did they get fresh ones from the manufacturer? If not, how long
were they in the warehouse(s). As mentioned by others, there's def a case
for changing to rechargeables.

Following Tim W's suggestion, I've ordered 4 of the Eneloops. We'll be
delighted if the Braun's last a month between charging's. If their claim of
1000+ re-charging's per battery is true - that's 1000 months = 19 years. Hmm
I'll be down to my gums before then :-)