Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian-Gaff Brian-Gaff is offline

Default Cheap alternative to Duracell AA batteries

I've never found energisers to be anywhere near as good as Duracell for the
dry battery side of things.
I do however, feel that Duracell are taking the **** on the current prices.

One make to avoid are the interestingly named Flying Bomb high power. They
seem to be almost guaranteed to leak within a week or so. Often sold in
those little Asian shops one finds open all hours.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I say, you don't have to
"Tim Watts" wrote in message
On 03/10/15 11:46, Bertie Doe wrote:
We've been using 7day shop rechargeable AA's in Braun Oral B
toothbrushes. There are 2 probs with the 7Dayers :-

1. They are slightly overlong (maybe half mm) and require a lot of force
to close the snap-shut cap. Is this typical of rechargeables or is it a
prob only with 7Day shop batteries? Have cracked cap one one Braun
already.

It's a problem of substandard batteries. None of mine have ever had this
problem.

2. They don't last very long - maybe 2 weeks. They can last 12 months in
a wall clock but struggle with high drain stuff.
The perfect answer is Duracell but these are not cheap. I've tried
Googling for an alternative but you get pages of Amazon spam.

Eneloop Pro NiMH have pretty high energy densities. I've had some but not
long enough to given an honest opinion.

Q. Can anyone suggest an alterative disposable brand please - of
reasonably good quality. TIA.

Bulk packs of Energisers from CPC can be had at excellent/unit value.