Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Cheap alternative to Duracell AA batteries

wrote in message news
Rod Speed wrote:

"Bertie Doe" wrote in message

"Rod Speed" wrote in message ...
"Tim Watts" wrote in message

Eneloop Pro NiMH have pretty high energy densities. I've had some but
not long enough to given an honest opinion.

I've used the normal Eneloops in some very high demand tools
like the Culinare Automatic Jar Opener and they work fine there.

I've opted for the more expensive Eneloops. I did see the normal ones
:-
http://preview.tinyurl.com/oerb4cd

I was a bit sceptical about the claim for 2100 chargings. Could be a
typo.

I hardly ever charge mine. I dont have much that uses them anymore,
just the jar opener and a couple of X10 remotes that get years on
normal AAs. All the scales now use coin cells that last for years.

The eneloops in the jar opener last for years on a charge.

Don't you have any torches?

I do, but the main one I use has its own internal battery
and is plugged into the mains all the time and comes on
auto when the mains fails.

I also have another headset torch in the car but hardly
ever use it anymore, use the smartphone as a torch instead.

I have another in the Miller Forge cordless tool set but
have never used it because I only got it at a garage sale
for peanuts, $20, a couple of weeks ago.

That's where the bulk of my AA rechargeables get used.

I used to with the headset but dont anymore.