Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Another bad day for RINOs

"Ashton Crusher" wrote in message

stuff snipped

And how many times have our brilliant reps said they were going
to "solve the immigration problem". How's that going? And you want
to vote for one of "those" candidates? If you don't vote Trump or
Bernie you are voting for 8 more years of the past 16 years.

The rot began to set in a lot longer than 16 years ago. (-:

It's very clear that the candidates gaining traction now are outside of that
system. Trump's doing exactly what you said: Setting up preliminary
positions as part of a long-term negotiation. I don't think any of his
competitors have figured out what he's up to and won't be able to match him
when push comes to shove. Almost every article I read about him talks about
how much more polished he has become in the few months he's been
campaigning.

The most accurate part of your reply was describing how someone with a book
of actual policies and potential solutions wouldn't stand a chance on the
campaign trail. Sad but true.

Essentially it means critiquing someone for not have solid policy positions
at the moment is rather pointless. Not too many care outside of the
politically aware - and that segment of society seems to get smaller each
year. I am astounded by the number of people who can't name more than two
Republican candidates, etc. They just don't care. Trump's got to reach
those people and turn them into voters and if he can do that, both the R's
and D's have worries.

But that could be a very hard slog.

--
Bobby G.