Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Cheap alternative to Duracell AA batteries

On 03/10/2015 15:27, RayL12 wrote:
On 03/10/2015 3:14 PM, Bertie Doe wrote:

"stuart noble" wrote in message ...

Somewhere there's a survey of AA batteries. Ikea came top IIRC. Maybe
their rechargeables are good too

Thanks Stuart and all. A quick look at the IKEA site came up with
'Alkalisk' brand.

Googled with Alkalisk Review gave me this site :-

http://www.batteryshowdown.com/stati...arge_200mA.png

Is this the one you saw? Sadly there's no local IKEA and delivery
charges rule them out. I'll look at the next 6 best and see if Ebay can
source them cheaply.

Duracell can be cheap...

http://www.battery-force.co.uk/category-BESTSELLER.html

though, it does say 'industrial'? I know not what that entails.

They will be Duracell "Procell" branded. Same basic cells but not
available through normal retail outlets. Designed to stop staff
pilfering them and claiming they bought them elsewhere ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.