Clint Sharp

Default Faulty Beko Television

In message , aphrodite
writes
The point is that whilst anyone as you correctly state can set up as
anything they wish to, do you as a (i presume proffesional)

You presume correctly.
feel it is ok
for unskilled people to perform what might be dangerous tasks, either to
themselves or others....

You want to kill yourself by bodging a job, feel free. Not my problem.
You seem to have a problem telling the difference between unskilled and
unqualified though, I have met and worked with many people of both
flavours and would definitely not trust some of the most highly
qualified to fix anything (or even change a light bulb in one case!),
many of the unqualified people I have met have better skills than some
of the ones who have studied for years, I don't know why this is.

AFAIK it is still not illegal for anyone to fit any part to any
appliance in the UK (Even gas heating systems, providing it's checked
and certified by a CORGI engineer before it's connected or reconnected
to the gas supply)

--
Clint