Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default How to inspect furnace filters?

On Sat, 03 Oct 2015 10:50:46 -0700, Don Y
wrote:

Someone once claimed that AA and D cells were essentially the same
"internals", just different shells. I'd find that hard to believe
(unless it's akin to the "11 oz Coors" scam). One *hopes* the
big, heavy, bulky D cells are actually *giving* you something
for the extra size/weight!

They measure capacity in MaH. This is useful:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_battery_sizes

With LED bulbs I'm satisfied with AA life-span.

It's amusing how 9v "transistor" batteries have fallen from
favor since the days of youth (in "transistor" radios). Aside
from the smoke/CO detectors, I can' think of anything that
uses them (so, why keep them on hand IN ANTICIPATION of a
failure?)

I don't know why they still equip smoke detectors with 9v.
But when I buy some more I'll look for AA equipped.
I see they sell them.