Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default TV Antenna Mast: 2x4 Bolted To Outside Of Garden Shed?

"(PeteCresswell)" wrote in message
Per Ralph Mowery:
How tall (far off the ground ) is this antenna ?

Also how far above the roof of the bulding is it ?

14', which puts it 3' above the roof of the garden shed.

I am pretty sure that will work, because my breadboard implementation
has the antenna attached to an 11' pruning pole with the antenna just an
inch or so off the roof.
--
Pete Cresswell

Just about anything should hold it up. I have had some ham antennas up
without much suport. One was about that size and all I had was a pipe about
1 foot in the ground It stuck up about 4 feet and the main mast went down
into that pipe. At the top of the house was a metal strap about 2 inches
wide and a lag bolt on each side of that strap.

Sometimes you can over think things.