Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default How to inspect furnace filters?

On Sat, 03 Oct 2015 07:45:56 -0700, Don Y
wrote:

On 10/3/2015 6:11 AM, Bill Gill wrote:

Cuts down on trips to the store, to stay a bit
stocked up.

The biggest problem with staying stocked up on batteries is
that it is getting harder and harder to find a pack of
batteries that qualifies, at least to me, as 'that will
be enough to keep me going for a little while'. The packs
are getting bigger and bigger.

Planning on replacing particular batteries at particular times
(instead of letting the device complain when *it* wants the battery
to be replaced) means you can buy what you need and *when* you
will need it. Instead of finding a place to *store* (isn't that
what "stores" do?) those additional cells!

Costco has some eneloops going on sale...

What helps is eliminating D and C cells. I don't use my D cell
Maglites any more, and probably will plain throw them away soon.
I use AA and AAA for all my flashlights. LED. PC keyboards, mice,
remotes use the same.
I use some remaining Eneloops, and Sony NiMH, with 2 Sony chargers.
One loaded with AA, the other AAA.
Still have to pick up some buttons and 9v occasionally.
But I resist buying anything using other than AA or AAA.