Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Now that Smallparts is gone

On Friday, October 2, 2015 at 12:53:02 PM UTC-7, Leon Fisk wrote:
On Fri, 02 Oct 2015 07:04:23 -0700
Larry Jackass wrote:

Where do you buy your replacement paper shredder gears?
I inherited a stripped main helical gear in an Aurora AU1215XB
shredder yesterday. Once I got the wads of paper out, I tried it and
found that it was stripped. Looking more closely, it's about 1/3 of
the gear teeth which are gone. They did a number on it.

snip

Create an STL file and have one 3d printed? Or maybe this one would
work:

http://www.shapeways.com/product/BM3...dder-rxel-p185

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

The way I see it the key really isn't the printing, its drawing the gear.

Larry Jackass is both too lazy and too stupid to learn. I'm sure some moron/sucker will help Larry Jackass, it's just not me.

Quite a few people in my LinkedIn group, CADCAM Technology Leaders, help each other out for free on this kind of stuff. The reason is that many group members make their own RC cars/parts. Daniel is a member and has been a friend of mine for a long time:

http://www.topsolid.com/news-and-eve...h-topsolid.htm

Just another way LinkedIn rocks and idiots who can't grasp how to make the best of LinkedIn continue to fall further and further behind.