Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Large light bulb for very old street lamp

On 03/10/15 14:33, wrote:
On Saturday, 3 October 2015 11:24:59 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
nt:
On Friday, 2 October 2015 18:36:58 UTC+1, wrote:

High pressure mercury vapour lamps were a common replacement in street
lighting gas lanterns.

but are now obsolete,

Funny that. I swapped one last week and had no problems in buying one.

Name any application in which they have an advantage over HID or sodium.

Mercury *ARE* HID lamps.

There are none.

Prat.

I have plenty of things at home with obsolete technology in.

NT

--
Global warming is the new Margaret Thatcher. There is no ill in the
world it's not directly responsible for.