Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default Bidet (is that the right word)?

On 10/3/2015 1:05 AM, micky wrote:

Some of the hot air driers use a focused sheet of air to sort of "squeegee"
the water off your hands, instead of evaporating it.

But, all of these fall down because you still have to (typically push)
open the door (that everyone else has handled before you!) to exit
the bathroom! (wiser move is to use a paper towel to dry hands; then
use that towel to open the door, discarding it AFTER opening the door)

I've heard this. If I make it to old age, I may feel more vulnerable
and try harder to stay well.

I don't sweat the little things when visiting friends' homes, etc.

OTOH, when I'm in a public bathroom in a store frequented by
all sorts of folks -- some of whom may be ill, just handled
their privates, just changed their child's diaper (on the
changing tables that are present in rest rooms), etc. -- I
try to be a bit more careful about where I put my hands
that *they* might also have done in the course of using the
"facilities".

Likewise, watch to see where they *seat* their kids (leaking diapers?)
in the shopping cart and consider what *you* may put in those same
places *in* the cart! :

[Or, the waiting room at doctor's office, etc.]

OToOH, I don't think I've ever availed myself of the "wipes"
that most stores now seem to have by the front entrance -- despite
seeing folks use them to elaborately wipe down their shopping
carts! There's some inherent "risk" with being "out in public".
If you're a germophobe, then that's not the place for you!

OTOoOH (three-handed Martian?), I've spent hundreds of hours
doing volunteer work at places where folks have come away with
MRSA skin infections from the sorts of items we routinely handled.

shrug