Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Sandman[_5_] Mr Sandman[_5_] is offline

Default Large light bulb for very old street lamp

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...

On Fri, 02 Oct 2015 18:39:00 +0100, Capitol wrote:

Stick with gas. A far nicer quality of light. ;-)

Beat me to it, the bulb and fitting in the OPs illustration looks
total crap IMHO.

I'm not sure BT will be that keen!

BT may well take a very dim view of you bolting something to their
pole and presumably feeding it with mains?

*All* the electricity pole mounted street lights around here have
been unilaterally disconnected/removed by the DNO. A few new stand
alone street lights have appeared adjacent to the poles that did have
street lights.

The reason for the removal was the death of a BT engineer working on
BT circuits on a shared pole. Normally the power is at the top a good
bit of separation then the BT stuff but the street lights are mounted
at roughly the same height as BT...

http://www.itv.com/news/border/topic...ty-north-west/

--
Cheers
Dave.

Bt dont own this one, i do and it was previously used to carry electricity
to my garage, but now that is supplied under ground so i have power and a
pole and need light over my drive, so...