Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to inspect furnace filters?

On Fri, 02 Oct 2015 17:27:35 -0700, Don Y
wrote:

On 10/2/2015 5:05 PM, wrote:

And what does all this drivel have to do with inspecting furnace
filters?????

If you'd read up-thread, you'd see it a consequence of debating the
replacement schedule for said filters...

I don't replace mine. I have a washable electrostatic filter (not a
powered unit) that fits in place of the 1 inch pleated filter. I wash
it every couple months, shake it dry, and put it back in place.
On the old furnace I had the replaceable depth filters - I used a
filterfresh spray on them that made them sticky so they caught more of
the fine stuff like polen etc.
I had electrical discharge electrostatics in my previous house - they
were MISERABLE to clean - they'd get blacker than black - pretty well
needed a dishwasher dedicated to cleaning them