Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default Leaking (rainwater) water barrels

On 9/29/2015 1:29 PM, Pavel314 wrote:

Empty the barrel, then go out at night with a flashlight. Shine the
flashlight around in the barrel and see if you can locate the hole that way.
You might need a helper or a mirror for this.

The "crack" (it's definitely not a "hole" -- more likely a split along the
seam where the two halves are "welded" together) is just not obvious.
I've gone so far as to try to mechanically stress the bottom surface in
the vicinity of the seam in the hope of causing it to open up
("gape") with no luck (bottom of barrel is very thick plastic so it
doesn't readily deform).

Rain expected (again! frown) this weekend so I'm waiting for that
to pass -- which *shouldn't* have come in the first place this late
in the season!