Posted to alt.home.repair
Retirednoguilt Retirednoguilt is offline

Default Bidet (is that the right word)?

On 10/2/2015 10:31 AM, wrote:
Bidet (is that the right word)?

I know that these are popular in foreign countries, but not in the
U.S. The way I understand it, when you finish pooping, some clean
water sprays and cleans your butt. I'm guessing there is a lever or
button to make it spray. I have to ask, out of curiousity. Do people
still use toilet paper? If not, I'd think this Bidet would pay for
itself on T.P. savings, and for those who have septic systems, would
save on tank pumping costs.

I'm considering trying to find one of these, assuming it fits in the
same space as a standard toilet, especially if it saves on T.P. Not
that T.P. is a huge expense, but pumping my septic is costly, and
more than once the sewer pipe has frozen on winter due to a wad of
T.P. sitting in the pipe. The pipes were installed properly, but the
tank is over 100Ft. from the house so there is a lot of distance for
solids to travel. I've even gone so far as to toss the used T.P. in a
waste basket (with lid) during the winter to prevent annoying and
costly pipe clogs.

I wonder why U.S. people dont want clean butts

If you are young and don't have any hemorrhoids or other anatomic issues
in that location, and your stool is always fairly dry and firm, you
might be "clean" after a bidet spray. However, you're probably at least
borderline constipated. For those of us who have lived longer and don't
have pristine anatomy down there, or have softer stool due to any one of
many possible causes, the bidet is definitely insufficient to prevent
skid marks. Only the use of toilet paper can do the job that needs to
be done.