Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Bidet (is that the right word)?

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 02 Oct 2015 11:22:25 -0400, micky
wrote:

I may have posted here about the apartment remodel I wired. Despite
the ritzy n'hood, the building qualified as a tenement, I think, because
it had only one bathroom per floor. The owner, who planned to rent it,
I think, thought that would be a big drawback. She couldn't get
permission to put a toilet in the aparment because the drain pipe for
one is rather large (you may have noticed.)

Of course she could have gotten permission if she'd been willing to pay
for a large drain all the way from her bathroom, on the second or third
floor, to some place where it would connect to the a large drain. Big
bucks.

But she could get
permission to install a bidet, which she had done. The bidet-only used
the same size drain as the sink. She expected that it would be used
only for urination, but people do that a lot more often.