Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Jerry.Tan@spamblocked.com is offline

Default Do they make LED lights for a Stove Hood?

Have a hood over my stove and I like to leave it on as a sort of
nightlight. But I dont want an incandescent bulb left on all the time.
(due to electric costs). I put a CFL in there and it did not last long.
Even though the heat from the gas rance is quite a bit lower, I suppose
it still heats up the bulb, and causes premature failure. I know they
dont make LED lights for ovens, and probably never will. But for a hood,
is there one made that can handle "some" heat?

Otherwise I guess I just have to put an incandescent in there and
install another fixture on the wall or ceiling for a night light, and
only use the hood light when I'm cooking.