Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default GE plant to Canada, cites lack of EX/IM support

On Thu, 01 Oct 2015 18:30:04 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 10/01/2015 6:20 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Thu, 1 Oct 2015 15:27:58 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

I see that Boeing gives China almost a quarter of ALL, yes ALL of
itsbusiness. What's more; China is making its first overseas plant ever.
And its in China, according to Forbes: "Boeing will build an aircraft
completion center in China for 737 aircraft, marking the company's first
plant outside the U.S"
--
http://www.forbes.com/sites/.../why-...tant-for-boein
Countertrade.

I recall when the deal was signed it was a nonnegotiable point by the
Chinese to get part of the manufacturing local...undoubtedly they'll
finish the process of accessing the technology and over some number of
years be building copies all their own...with (or more likely without)
Boeing.

This is done by almost every country in the world. I spent months
studying Boeing a decade ago. The fact that they get away with a
minimum of production transfer to foreign countries is partly a result
of our Ex/Im bank. The rest is countertrade.

You wouldn't believe how much Italian wine shows up in US wine shops
because Boeing sells aircraft to Alitalia. No kidding. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress