Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Dismantling a double hull stainless tank

On Tue, 29 Sep 2015 19:30:13 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Tue, 29 Sep 2015 09:10:52 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Tue, 29 Sep 2015 06:43:12 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Mon, 28 Sep 2015 23:26:29 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Mon, 28 Sep 2015 20:51:30 -0500, Ignoramus19568
wrote:

I have this tank, which I craned today:

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Stainless...-Hull-Tank.jpg

(craning was done before wine consumption)

It is carbon steel on the outside, stainless inside, cork insulation
in the middle.

I need to separate stainless and carbon steel for scrap.

My question is how is the inside typically attached to the outside.

My best hope right now is that the inner hull was simply inserted into
the outer hull with very little welds between them. So, I hope, I can
just make a circular cut on one side where the mouth is, and pull out
the inner body from the outer.

Makes sense?

Id hang a quanity of C4 directly in the center, both vertically and
horzontally and then set it off. Will crush the cork and break the
welds

I _really_ want to see the video of that.

It woild even be cooler if the tank was filled with water.
Wouldnt need more than an oz or 2 of C4 depending on the size of the
tank.

(Grin)

Wouldn't a bit of det cord do the trick?
HE-tech wine bottle neck removal simulation.
Pop the end and drag out the inner tank.

Probably work fine, but Id use "trim stick" instead of primacord. Its
got a more focused energy path.