Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Vote Best Of -- Craigslist

On Wednesday, September 30, 2015 at 1:25:12 PM UTC-4, Oren wrote:
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/zip/5245930941.html

"Why do people insist on posting broken/unusable garbage? Also - what
is this "MUST TAKE ALL" trend? No, I don't want your broken microwave
or broken doggie door or bag of used kitty litter...and if I did, why
must I "take all"??? What if I have a need for JUST the used kitty
litter?? Why must I take the rest of your refuse??????"

Click the Best of link )

I won't speak to the "must take all" portion, but I see nothing wrong with selling/giving away broken stuff.

2 examples:

A storm trashed the frame of my commercial grade E-ZUp canopy, but the top was fine. I looked on Craigslist and found someone selling a E-ZUp frame with no top and a broken leg - $50. 2 of the legs from my frame were fine, so one broken leg on the $50 frame wasn't a problem. The individual parts to fix my frame would have been close to $200. I jumped on the deal.

When I got there, the seller tossed in 4 original E-ZUP side walls which
cost close to $100 new.

Last month bought 2 matching but damaged printer stands for $10. I took
them apart, used the good parts from both and built one good one. My
daughter is now using it in her college apartment.

"Broken" doesn't always mean "unusable".