Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Rats walking power lines onto house

On Thursday, October 1, 2015 at 9:47:19 AM UTC-4, Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message ...
On 9/30/2015 10:16 PM, Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney wrote:
Welp. Just as soon as I thought I got rid of the little critters, I watched a couple of them climb a tree, jump on the power line and run onto the roof. If it were one or two trees, I'd try putting something around the trunks to keep them out, but would not work here.

So I'm wondering if there's something to throw over the power line that the wouldn't cross?

Or any other ideas?

I'd call the power company. This must have
happened before to someone near you.

Working on power lines can be dangerous to
humans.

-
.
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
. www.lds.org

I saw all kinds of gadget online but they are all selling their own stuff.. I'm hoping that someone here may have found a solution for this.

Some I have seen are essentially 2 inch thin-wall plastic pipes that spin when animals try to cross them. My thought about that is I can see them sticking to the wire after being in the weather for some time.

I'm think more like the kind of wire spike strips used to keep birds from landing on safety rails might be a permanent fix. Or may a combination of the two - spikes on a plastic pipe.

Or maybe just a rap soaked in rat poison draped over the wire...

I'm pretty sure you meant a "rag" not a rap, but I have an even better idea:

A *rat* soaked in rat poison draped over the wire. :-)

"Is this what you want, punk? Huh? You want some of this? Come on, keep
walking!"