Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default TV Coax Sharing Conduit: AC or EtherNet?

On 9/30/2015 6:28 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Don Y:
There, located "converters" to get
everything to a digital form that could be "served" wherever needed.
For TV, a pair of (dual tuner) HD HomeRun's.

I am warming up to this idea.

I got tired of seeing all sorts of "bits of kit" around the house:
DVD players, cordless phones, STB's, mini-stereos, bookshelf
speakers, etc. Move all of the things that are "user interfaces"
(e.g., a DVD player needs to present the user with a TRAY into
which to place the DVD plus a *remote* with which to control
the player) out of the way and just concentrate on "content".

The one loose end is the HD HomeRun's tolerance for single-digit
temperatures.

Dunno. In my case, it's in "living space". And, single digits are
pretty rare, here -- more like *triple* digits! :-/

Just posted to Silicon Dust's forum, so I should have an answer within a
day or two max.

Please post back their response!