Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Vote Best Of -- Craigslist

Meanie wrote:
On 9/30/2015 1:24 PM, Oren wrote:
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/zip/5245930941.html

"Why do people insist on posting broken/unusable garbage? Also - what
is this "MUST TAKE ALL" trend? No, I don't want your broken microwave
or broken doggie door or bag of used kitty litter...and if I did, why
must I "take all"??? What if I have a need for JUST the used kitty
litter?? Why must I take the rest of your refuse??????"

Click the Best of link )

I've never encountered something to that level but occasionally come
across ads which state something is broken but it's only a minor fix for
$10. Then why the hell don't you fix it and keep it or sell for more? I
choose to skip over them but find them comically stupid.

I hit a jack pot once. One guy wants to sell his Alienware 14" laptop
with i7 quad cpu, Nvidia M640 with 2 GB video, etc., etc. Reason?
RJ45 jack is broken. Some one tripped over Ethernet cable yanking the
plug out. My thought was I'll use USB-RJ45 converter, or use WiFi only
but I think I can replace the jack. Laptop worth more than a grand for
150.00.

Took it home in original box, checked eBay looking for exact match RJ45
jack. No luck. I got couple closely matching one. Then getting it at it.
It required disassembling whole laptop to bare chassis. Managed to
replace it. Assemble every thing back, Voila, it works. This is my daily
portable laptop. Built like tank(heavy) but very fast laptop. Lately
I carry iPAD air more due to it's weight. Good gaming laptop.