Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default TV Coax Sharing Conduit: AC or EtherNet?

Don Y wrote:
On 9/30/2015 6:23 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Got two conduits going out to the garden shed: one for AC, the other
for Ethernet.

Now I want to run coax for a TV antenna out there so that I can mount
the antenna on the wall of the garden shed and route the signal back
to the house (making it basically trivial to make adjustments to the
antenna - as opposed to having to climb up on to the roof of the
house). Which conduit would you choose to share the coax with: AC or
Ethernet?

IIRC, AC and COAX are supposed to be separated by 2 inches.

Ethernet is also a potential problem due to exposure to lightning
strikes. Consider running optical fiber to bridge buildings. Or,
protect the ethernet drop accordingly.

Should anything except direct lightning strikes be a problem if the shed ground
is through the AC line from the house panel? A grounding rod at the shed would
probably not be a good idea.