Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Thoughts on cordless vacuums please

On Wednesday, 30 September 2015 09:28:08 UTC+1, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Tue, 29 Sep 2015 17:44:06 +0100, Tim Streater wrote:

You don't use the cordless to vacuum the whole house. You use it for
jobs that would be inconvenient or awkward with any mains powered
machine, such as the top of pictures, picture rail, top of doors, that
sort of thing.

Which is what the soft brush tool on a mains vac is for... B-)

but it's pretty useless due to the difficulty of getting it where you want it.
Unless you''re pictures are at floor level.

We do have a battery vac but it's next to useless. Principally down
to a cheap and nasty "charger" ie. mains to low voltage AC,

buying a cheap crappy vac is noithing to be proud of is it ?

a series
diode and current limiting resistor. Needless to say the NiCds where
shagged within 12 months. There is no indication of charge and no
fall back to trickle.

NiCds ! I ditched them back in the last milenium shortly after stonehenge was built. You'' be telling me next you had to take your horse to the nackers yard.

One day I'll recell it with NiMH, give it a proper charger and think
about what to do with the switch. It may then actually be useful but
even new the runtime was barely long enough.

in them days man had only just manage to cross the atlantic by air.

I'm not getting the big vac out just to suck up 10 dead (or live)
beetles in the kitchen.

Dust pan and brush. Quicker, more reliable.

depends how you use them, using them too vigously will me the dust gets airborn again and the last thing you want in a kitchen is beetle dust floating around unless you're using non atrificail red food colouring of course