Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Thoughts on cordless vacuums please

On Wednesday, 30 September 2015 09:13:05 UTC+1, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Tue, 29 Sep 2015 13:46:03 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Q for the OP. Are you looking for a replacement for an upright
cleaner, or more of a handheld one

A replacement for our mains one.

Hum, unless battery technology has taken some very big steps

recently
no way is a battery cleaner going to have the suck and run time

of a
mains cleaner.

Pick any two: Suck, long run time, light weight.

So.
I don;t need a long run time 10mins is usually enough.

It certainly wouldn't be here.

How many hours a day do you vacuum ?

Not a question of how many hours a day - but how long in one go.

Same here, takes the best part of a couple of hours to hoover most of
the place. 10 mins is hardly long enough to clean up after a couple
of holes being drilled.

It takes me about 30 seconds to dyson up when I drill a hole it takes me longer to drill the hole than dyson up the mess.
Maybe you have one of those crap vacuums that take 10mins or you haven't switched it on or you're still using the Leclanché cell you got from the skip.

Unless you have spare batteries.

And a fast charger that will fully recharge one in the ten minutes.

if you're really that crap this sort of thing.

And on any cordless tool ever made, the battery will fail. And can you
guarantee a replacement will be available at a reasonable price when it
does? Experience with most cordless tools says not.

Probably not as a ready to use spare, so one has to jump through the
recelling hoop. But I guess that's because I don't consider a duff
battery pack an excuse to bin what is otherwise a perfectly
functional tool.

Me niether, that's why they have replaceable batteries the same goes for cars,
who dumnps a car because the battereis flat ?