Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Seymore4Head Seymore4Head is offline

Default Leo Laporte

On Tue, 29 Sep 2015 22:16:55 -0400, Seymore4Head
wrote:

On Tue, 29 Sep 2015 18:34:26 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

I'm 'face-blind' - prosopagnosia in fancy
terms. I distinguish non-family members
by heights, sounds of voice, and other non-
facial cues.

So I Googled prosopagnosia. I only read the first paragraph from
wiki. It says it can affect 2.5% of the population. I have never
heard if it. Surely if it affects that much of the population, I have
probably met many people with the condition.

When you first said it, it seemed like it would be a pretty seriously
debilitating, but after thinking about it probably not so much.

I would guess you also have close friends and co workers that you can
distinguish their faces?

After sending this message, I was going to close the Google search
page and found this:
Notable cases
Steve Wozniak, Co-Founder of Apple[39] My geek hero

Jane Goodall
She was known to have named some of her favorite chimpanzees. If you
can't tell people apart, would you be more or less likely to be able
to tell chimpanzees apart?